Contract Manufacturers serving Medical & Dental OEMs
I founded Thornton Medical in order to leverage two decades of industry experience, along with my engineering background to deliver:
- the optimal manufacturing solution for your needs
- value through technical assistance and cost effective manufacturing processes
- exceptional customer service
The seven years I spent in surgical sales gave me a deep understanding of what my clients expect from a vendor. My goal is to help engineers, project managers and supply chain managers succeed at every project stage while partnering with a contract manufacturer.
I have spent the past 20 years in contract manufacturing and have developed solid knowledge manufacturing medical components and sub-assemblies:
- titanium metal injection molding (MIM) including Ti implant grade materials
- diffusion bonding titanium to ceramics eliminating the need for brazing
- precision machining: polymer or metal alloy selection, Swiss turning, EDM (hole popping, wire EDM, sinker EDM), laser cutting / welding / marking, CNC milling, multi-axis grinding, gun drilling
- finishing processes such as heat treatment, anodizing, electropolishing, passivation, plating, grit/micro/bead blasting, tumbling, coating, pad printing
- precision metal tubing: alloy selection, thin wall & cannulated bar, design parameters, forming, bending, machining, welding, laser marking
- precision polymer tubing: complex extrusions, reinforced braided / coil sheaths, tipping, steerable sheaths, multi durometer sheaths
- molding and insert molding
- catheter components and assemblies: guidewires, coils, ground cores, compliant & non-compliant balloons, marker bands, attachment methods
- stamping and deep drawing: progressive stamping, deep drawing difficult alloys such as Titanium
- design for manufacturability / design for manufacturing / DFM
I mostly represent companies with unique capabilities that help give my customers an edge in their market. All share my philosophy of problem solving and delivering consistent quality on time. Even if I do not represent a company that fits your needs, I would be happy to discuss them with you and suggest companies that can meet your requirements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me; I am at your service.
Design for Manufacturability
Grinding – Wire / Tubing
Titanium Metal Injection Molding
Stainless Steel Tubing
Steerable Catheter Sheaths